Saturday, August 13, 2011

Death Has His Ways


Death Has His Ways
By Ariel Perez

No one ever figured that I, the supposed soulless creature I am, could ever want, need, feel or even love. I live vicariously through my many victims, going through and reliving each of their past moments like the chapters in a book, some too short, some long. I watch invisibly and try to feel what they throw away so easily, I try to feel alive, to feel something other then the nothingness that resides where a heart should be. It was a beautiful kind of torture, one that, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t resist. Their worlds were turning until I came in, I’d creep my way through the shadows that you carelessly over looked, I hid in the corners of your vision. I was the shadow you could have sworn was there a minute ago. And just when you turned a new corner in your life, whether you were ready or not, I’d rip you away from this world that you loved to hate.

And then come the inevitable questions.

“What dose it all mean? Why now? What did I do wrong? Why me.”

Why you? Because you’ve been gorging yourself on fast food since you could walk. You’re the one who broke into that bank and didn’t expect security to fight back. You are the hit and run drunk driver who ended up in a ditch.
That’s why.

I am the endless scourge of the earth, I am what people fear, loathe, hate and I am the end. It’s all just a matter of time for you, but time dose not exist for me. Only eternity exists, I have no end. I was before your earth and before your Gods that you tremble under so much. I am what everything eventually reaches in their existence. I am what lurks in the dark when you refuse to enter. I am the everlasting. And I am forever alone.

©HeyJude

2 comments:

  1. Bravo, I've not had the internet for sometime I see I've missed a lot of your work I look forward to reading it all. This is written from deaths perspective huh, I wonder how death feels about his work I wonder how we would feel if he decided to quit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. zombies are what happens if Death quits lol

    ReplyDelete